Tuesday, April 21, 2015

WCIA News

On 4-20 I was high... high on a chair in the WCIA News studio. (No, please don't quit reading, I promise I will not say anything that cringe worthy again.) I was invited to go on the 5 o'clock news to promote the new Soma Showcase Show starting April 29th. I was in studio the whole time. If the weather man would have reached out passed Wyoming on the Accuweather Forecast green screen he could have poked me in the eye. Before the show, I don't think he knew I was in the studio as he said, "what kind of fake weatherman stuff am I going to say today?" And as a normie I thought, "I KNEW IT!" All those times I didn't think I needed a coat and ended up chilly were based on a web of lies.

With Jennifer Roscoe on WCIA News

The staff there was very nice, Jennifer Roscoe, who has been the long time anchor woman for WCIA was terrific. It is weird going from them doing stories on a child missing, domestic assault, and then saying: "Coming up next... where to find some laughs in C-U!" I did enjoy me and Jenn's (I call her Jenn now... I am very sure she would in no way approves of that...) attire matching as if we had planned it. It was sad to wear my new blue suit and realize... I'm not even the best looking person in a screen shot wearing blue.

It's hard to make a short segment funny (at least for me) - but getting the brand out there is what was important, even if my answers are a little mundane. Really hope to continue working with WCIA on the comedy scene in town. Here is the full video of my mug on the squawk box: http://www.clipsyndicate.com/video/play/5724591


No comments:

Post a Comment